Summer time can also mean blackheads time! You sweat a lot in summer owing to which the sweat and dirt accumulate in the open pores and cause blackheads. Blackheads mar your overlook appearance, no makeup ever suits you because of them, and you always end up drawing other’s attention towards them. It is too frustrating because the blackheads from nose never seem to go away no matter how much you scrub them or use a facial. Blackheads over a period of time only get deeper and harder.
Now if you are one with rampant blackheads problem, fret not. You don’t even need fancy blackhead removal creams or an appointment at the salon, all you need is just two basic ingredients from your daily kitchen and the blackheads from nose will come off like magic. This is the most natural and effective way to remove blackheads at home. After doing this you will wonder why no one told you about it before. Of course you can thank us later!
DIY cucumber and sugar blackhead scrub
1 slice Cucumber
1 tsp Sugar
Method of Preparation:
- When you slice the cucumber, ensure the peel is intact. This is to facilitate better grip.
- Coat the flat surface of the cucumber with sugar.
- Your blackhead scrub is ready for use.
Method of Application:
- You need to wet a towel in lukewarm water and pad it over your nose for a couple of minutes.
- This process of steaming helps open up the pores which makes removing blackheads from nose easy.
- Now take the sugar topped slice of cucumber and scrub your nose thoroughly with it for about five minutes, running it over and over the areas that have blackheads. Do it till the sugar melts.
- Now rinse your nose with cool water.
- Apply a nice toner or rose water immediately. This will help shrink back the pores and tighten them.
- You will notice that all your blackheads have come off in one use.
- It is, however, advisable to do this treatment daily for those with heavy blackhead problems. Slowly your skin will become clear and there won’t be any more blackheads.
How cucumber helps remove blackheads: Cucumber is natural beauty ingredient owing to its richness in Vitamin C and caffeic acid which help soothe and cleanse the skin, and remove blackheads. It also has anti-microbial properties that help fight the free radicals causing acne, pimples and skin rashes.
How sugar helps remove blackheads: Sugar is a natural exfoliator that helps peel off the dead skin cells, and deep cleanse the pores. It clears up the dirt, grime and excess oil accumulated in these open pores that are the primary reason behind blackheads.