Cracked heels, how do you cover that up now? Have you ever wondered how to heal cracked heels at home? We spend so much money on facials, skin grooming and hair care, but the poor feet that carry us everywhere lie in neglect and gradually crack, gather dirt and look terrible. No amount of pedicure can fix damaged, cracked heels, and you end up blowing up money unnecessarily at salons.
We suggest an awesome DIY on how to heal cracked heels in exactly one week. This is a sure shot way to make your heels soft and smooth, and you can flaunt any footwear your prefer without feeling embarrassed. You need some basic ingredients found in everyday kitchen to fix your cracked heels for good.
How to heal cracked heels at home
1. Take a regular foot filer and file your cracked heels. This will help peel off the dead skin on the surface layer.
2. Now take a slice of lemon and scrub your cracked heels with it. Lemon is a natural cleanser and its natural acids make it a great exfoliator. Allow it to seep in for about 5 minutes.
3. Now prepare your foot soak. In a bucket pour 3-4 mugs of warm water, then squirt some shower gel in it and 2-3 tbsp vinegar. How to heal cracked heels? This is perhaps the easiest way.
4. Soak your feet in this solution for about 15 minutes. The high acidity in vinegar makes it ideal to remove dead skin cells and the dirt and grime stuck to it.
5. Take some shower gel in a toothbrush and work it on your feet for about 5 minutes. The shower gel will cleanse your feet and remove dirt and sweat.
6. Rinse your feet under running tap water and towel dry.
7. Now with a metal filer, file your heels back. Since your skin has turned soft the dead skin cells will come off easily.
8. Warm a little bit of Boroline and apply it on the cracked area generously.
9. Immediately wrap your feet with a foot wrapping plastic or a simple polythene.
10. Over that wear socks to keep it protected and leave it on overnight.
11. In the morning, your feet will appear less cracked, and soft.
Do this everyday for one week and you won’t have any cracked feet. Now you know how to heal cracked heel easily at home.