Pimples! Women dread them, specially when they crop up at absolutely awkward spots and at an odd time. You have a trip coming up tonight, and in the evening the first thing you spot on your face is a large, ungainly pimple. Or you have an outing with friends and you have selected your best wardrobe, but just before you step out the skin on your cheek shows a red blush with a bump – the onset of a painful acne.
These are instances every girl has to deal with almost on a daily basis. While it is great to go for long-term acne removal treatments, how does one get rid of a pimple in just an hour, when they have an important event coming up? Yes, if you have been wondering about how to get rid of a pimple in an hour, we tell you there are some very quick home remedies to help you do that. No beautician at a parlour will ever tell you these tricks, but you can practice them at home easily with some really basic ingredients sourced from your kitchen.
Try them out, your pimple will really be gone in no time!
Remedy#1: Water and sea salt treatment
How it works:
- Soak a cotton pad in water and squeeze out the excess water.
- Now sprinkle some sea salt over the cotton pad and hold it on your pimple for about 2-3 minutes.
- Try to press it tight over your pimple.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- In about 5 minutes, the pimple will look subsided, like it is about 2-3 days old with a bit of redness. Because the sea salt is an anti-septic, it will kill the bacteria causing zits and close the pores.
- Hold the cotton pad till all the old runs out of your pimple. When you check after an hour, there won’t be any pimple. This treatment actually works like magic, specially when you have a big night coming up and you cannot afford a pimple.
Remedy#2: Ice and aloe vera treatment
How it works:
- Take a small hand towel and place an ice cube on it and wrap it up.
- Place it over your pimple and try to suppress your pimple for about 2-3 minutes.
- The ice will drain the heat out of the pimple and will kill the bacteria in it, leaving you with a cool sensation.
- Now take a drop of tea tree oil on your palm and dab it over your pimple. Allow the tea tree oil to seep in for about 20 minutes. Tea tree oil has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that fight bacteria causing pimples and acne.
- After 20 minutes, wipe off the tea tree oil with a piece of cotton wool.
- Take half teaspoon aloe vera gel in a bowl and add to it three freshly crushed mint (pudina) leaves. Blend it well and apply it over your pimple. Leave it on for at least half an hour, and then rinse off. Your pimple would have subsided and you will be left with a cooling sensation on your skin. Truly an incredible way on how to get rid of a pimple in an hour.
Remedy#3: Baking soda and turmeric treatment
How it works:
- In a small bowl, take a teaspoon baking soda and a teaspoon turmeric and mix it well. Baking soda absorbs excess oil from the pores and prevents it from clogging, and like turmeric it also has anti-bacterial properties that fight microbes causing pimples.
- Add a teaspoon lemon juice to the mixture and blend it into a thick paste of even consistency. Lemon will help remove the dead skin cells and cleanse the pores.
- Apply the mix over your pimple and leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water, and you can instantly notice the reduced size of your pimple.
- In about an hour, the pimple would have disappeared.
Remedy#4: The toothpaste method
How it works:
- This is perhaps one of the simplest and extremely effective in quickly eliminating a pimple.
- For this, take a little bit of toothpaste on your fingertip and apply it over your pimple.
- You will feel an instant cooling sensation. Allow the toothpaste to dry up for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cool water.
- Almost immediately your pimple will look about 2-3 days old, with a bit of redness. The mint in toothpaste has anti-microbial properties that kills bacteria causing zits and acne.
- In about one hour, the pimple would have wholly subsided.