To get rid of split ends you don’t have to essentially chop your long tresses and alter its length. It is a myth that warrants you to get a haircut to fully get rid of split ends. In reality, you just need a good hair mask that will heal your split ends and even prevent them from occurring in the first place. There are some easy DIY hair masks to avoid split ends you can make at home with some basic ingredients available in your kitchen. After using these you won’t have any hair breakage and your split ends will go away naturally without having to get a haircut.
We share with you recipes of 4 DIY hair masks to avoid split ends and make your hair soft and bouncy.
Remedy#1: Coconut oil therapy
Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids, vitamins and minerals which helps condition the scalp and strengthens the hair follicles to prevent breakage. It has anti-microbial properties which protects the hair against any fungal and yeast infection. Coconut oil is a natural remedy for strong and thick hair.
1. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and towel dry it.
2. Warm some coconut oil. Take about a quarter of a handful of coconut oil on your palm and massage it into your hair.
3. Massage gently and thoroughly from root to midshaft.
4. Wrap a towel around your hair or wear a shower cap.
5. Allow the oil to seep in for about half an hour.
6. Rinse off with a shampoo again. Shampoo well to get rid of the excess oil.
7. Do this twice a week for at least three weeks and your hair will have no split ends.
Remedy#2: Olive oil and honey hair mask
Both honey and olive oil are natural nourishing agents which locks moisture into the hair and keeps it soft and hydrated. It improves hair bounce and volume, and enhances its texture. This a natural DIY hair mask to avoid split ends.
1. Take a small bowl and blend two tablespoon honey with three tablespoon olive oil.
2. Rinse your hair with a mild shampoo.
3. Apply the mix on the roots of your hair, covering your scalp generously.
4. Allow it to seep in for about half an hour.
5. Wash it off with a shampoo, you can even condition your hair if required.
6. Repeat this ritual twice a week for a full month for desired results.
Remedy#3: Egg hair mask
Loaded with proteins and essential fatty acids, egg is a natural conditioner for the hair that cleanses the scalp and nourishes the roots. It prevents the hair follicles from breakage, and adds a natural gloss and softness to the hair.
1. Remove all tangles from your hair by first brushing it thoroughly.
2. Beat a egg yolk into a fluffy consistency.
3. Add three tablespoon olive oil and one tablespoon honey to the mix and blend thoroughly.
4. Make sure your hair is damp, and only then apply this DIY hair mask to avoid split ends.
5. Apply it generously on your scalp and roots, and leave it on for about half an hour.
6. Rinse off with a shampoo.
7. Repeat this ritual about twice to thrice a week to get rid of all split ends.
Remedy#4: Banana hair mask
Bananas are rich in zinc, potassium, iron, essential oils, and Vitamin E, C and A, and all these nutrients are necessary to promote healthy hair growth, prevent hair fall, nourish the scalp and make the texture smooth and tangle-free.
1. Crush a ripe banana into pulp.
2. Add to it one tablespoon rose water and fresh lemon juice, and two tablespoon yoghurt.
3. Blend it into a fine paste of homogeneous consistency.
4. Apply it on your hair, particularly the roots, and allow it to dry for about an hour.
5. Rinse off with a mild shampoo.
6. Do this twice a week for about a month to see great results.
Join the Conversation